Gift Boxes 2022
Free Gift Box!
The Vietnamese Community Center of Mississauga – Language and Skills Training/Settlement Services helps newcomers get acquainted with Canadian life through exciting new initiatives. In addition to our FREE ENGLISH CLASSES, FREE CHILDMINDING, FREE BUS TICKETS (conditions applied), and FREE SETTLEMENT SERVICES, we also participate in the GETTING YOU STARTED™ Newcomer Program to make you feel at home by providing a
FREE GIFT BOX FOR EVERY NEWCOMER
(has to have been in Canada for 3 years or less)
TO PICK UP YOUR GIFT BOXES AND SAMPLES*, PLEASE MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AND BRING YOUR PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD.
to 600 Lakeshore Road East, Mississauga, ON or call (905) 891 - 3825 for more information
While quantities last*
Santa Claus Fund 2022
To apply please call (905) 891 - 3825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Each gift box contains clothing, book, toy, cookies, and toothbrush kit, appropriate for your child’s age, but not gender-specific. To obtain a gift box you must:
- Have a child/children under 12 years old from low-income family
- Reside in only Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Ajax, or Pickering
- Have not applied at another agency
Deadline for applications is ______
Client information is confidential and only disclosed to The Toronto Santa Claus Fund for gift box deliveries
Gift box contents are age-appropriate, not gender-specific, and contain a hat, mittens, socks, hoodie, book, small toy, cookies, toothbrush, and toothpaste. The box is in a seasonally wrapped box and larger than a shoebox. Only one box per child.
- The Santa Claus Fund is not a religious charity. The gift is to help financially struggling families during the holidays. The Fund does not solicit clients later and does not ask for anything in return, etc.
- Delivery will be made ANYTIME, likely starting as early as November 21 with final delivery attempts on December 19. Exact dates cannot be provided and pick-ups are not possible.
- Most delivery volunteers will either leave the client a note or phone message as to an approximate time for delivery. If a delivery attempt has been made and the client was not at home, they may expect a note stating when the next delivery attempt will be made. Otherwise, clients should understand that the deliveries will be made in December by volunteers and may include Scouts Canada, service groups, local church members, individual adults, or teens who volunteer for this great cause.
- The home delivery program is SAFE. The Toronto Star Santa Claus Fund has been operating the program in this manner for more than 110 years.