Free English Classes for Immigrants
Language Training Program Level 1-7
Eligibility criteria to enroll for English classes include:
- Permanent Resident
- Refugee Claimant
Language Assessment Benchmark
All prospective students for the LINC program need to have their English skills tested at an assessment centre before enrolling.
- Language Assessment Centres
- For English Services
50 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West Suite 300,
Mississauga ON LSB 3C2
(905) 949-0049 EXT. 1369
- NOTE: Canadian citizens are not eligible for the LANGUAGE program. Individuals must apply for ESL classes.
For more information regarding eligibility or any other inquiries, please visit our community centre at:
- 600 Lakeshore Rd. East,
Or contact us at:
Free Settlement Services for Newcomers
Information and Referral Services are provided free of charge.
- Social Insurance Number and Health Card applications
- Referral to other Social Service agencies as needed
- Supportive counselling for individuals and families
- Emergency and subsidized housing social assistance
- Immigration and sponsorship
- Citizenship/Immigration requirements
- Assistance with government forms
- And more...
Childminding services are run by ECE (Early Childhood Education) certified staff dedicated to the health, safety, and education of the children. We provide a safe and fun environment for children to learn and play.
- Childminding services are available at no cost to children from 18 months to school age.
- Learners must attend class to use the childminding service.
Eligibility for Mississauga Transit Assisstance
Click here to download the application.
- Learners having medical assistance or a doctor's note
- Learners who, without Mississauga transit assistance, would be unable attend school
- Learners who live further than 3 KM away from the centre
- All seniors and parents are eligible for transit assistance during the winter
Rights and Responsibilities for Mississauga Transit Assisstance
- Learners must collect transfers and will receive one ticket in exchange for one transfer each day that they attend the language program
- Learners are required to sign a Mississauga Transit Agreement
- Learners must attend school regularly and on time to receive tickets. If a learner is absent 5 days in a month without a doctor's note or the LPO's approval, assistance will cease until attendance improves
- Learners must be further than 3 KM distance from the centre
French Services/Service en Français
We do not offer services in French. If you wish to access French language training/services, please reach out to the numbers or facilities listed below: French language assessment required – by appointment, call TCET Language Assessment Centre at:
Nous n'offrons aucun service en francais. Pour des services ou des formations en francais, appeler les numeros ou aller à la centre ci-dessous: Évaluation de la langue française requise - sur rendez-vous, appelez le Centre d’évaluation linguistique TCET à:
- achēv St. Gabriel Adult Learning Centre
3750 Brandon Gate Drive
905-949-0049 EXT. 1396 (Mississauga)
905-949-0049 EXT. 1 (Malton)
905-949-0049 EXT. 4101 (Brampton E.)
905-949-0049 EXT. 3025 (Brampton City South)
- 09:00 AM - Classes Begin
10:30 AM - Break Time
10:45 AM - Classes Resume
12:00 PM - Dismissal
12:30 PM - Classes Begin
02:00 PM - Break Time
02:15 PM - Classes Resume
03:30 PM - Dismissal
International Adult Education English Classes
- 100 Elm Dr. West,
(905) 270-6000 EXT. 2